Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Biting the Apple

Haven't written in a long while, but there is so much to do that recording it slows down the natural flux. I'm too busy "being" to step back and write. Grad school is not the time to be self absorbed-ly musing... so much learning to be done.

It's been about 10 years since I last saw New York City. Almost ten years to the day. Last week I spent some time there on a sort of school-sponsored trip-thing that we raised money for (and school matched). I worked at the UN (a very cool thing to do) and also met with old friends from New Orleans and Tennessee who make their homes there. Plus met a friend (from Seattle)'s father. A weird sort of coming together of many parts of my life.

I'm not sure how committed I'm going to remain to this next statement: but I've had a series of spiritual and/or logical revelations that have led me to beleive that I need to be living in New York.

Why is hard to explain: some inexplicable coincidences coupled with an inexpressable feeling I had while I was there. For instance: a tangible energy coming out of the ground. Sounds crazy, yes, but it was there. I must go there and live it out. For a while -- maybe just for the summer. I don't know. A year or two, or less. Or more. I just know of no other place that has that kind of energy. Why be anywhere else? Why not be where you feel the need to be? What makes more sense?

Maybe this is going to wear off. But now it's like I have this sickness over it. In time my rational mind will temper this bug. I'm waiting for reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home