Friday, February 03, 2006

Outtasite site

This is about the most amazing website I have ever seen. It's a project by a guy at UM art school. He was coming to the bird divsion museum (where I work as an assistant librarian) to draw birds for the project. He sent the final product to my boss who shared it with me.

There are three or four interactive devices used here to tell his story (it's a fictional story about a bird disease), that I think would be very useful in some comunity informatics or education-purposed applications. In fact, I had imagined some of these features for just such a purpose, but didn't know if they could be done or not. (Maybe I'll learn them next year when I take "complex web sites" here at the U of M?)

3 Comments:

Blogger chrislandau said...

Great to hear the site is getting out there. Thanks for the wonderful comments!

2/06/2006 04:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stunning... I have never seen anything like this. Thanks for sharing!

2/10/2006 12:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fabulous use of flash! I could spend way too much time perusing this site...

2/14/2006 07:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home